The beautiful and positive Roda sent me a message the other day. She said “I have nominated you for the Black Cat Blue Sea Award!” I thought, is she pulling my leg? It sounded kind of like a joke-but it’s not. What I found out is that the intent behind this award is to recognize those bloggers who attempt to write for everybody, regardless of the number of viewers they acquire. It is designed to acknowledge writing from one’s passions and not really targeting a blog that necessarily has a large following or a tremendous amount of “likes”. The official statement is:
What Is This Award
This award is for bloggers who strive to write for everybody, and no matter how many viewers they get, make an impact on a reader. This award is an expression of gratitude to the nominee. It should be awarded to anybody that you choose deserves it, and it doesn’t mean that they must have hundreds of followers and likes.
As Roda put it “This award is an expression of gratitude to the nominee and it should be awarded to anybody that you choose deserves it.”
How kind is that! We all enjoy followers and “likes” of course, but I think we sometimes get caught up in that loop and forget that we started this for ourselves and our passions. I love the ideal behind this award and am honored that Roda thought of me!
- anybody nominated can nominate up to eight other bloggers
- the nominee answers three questions posed by the nominator
- the questions you ask while nominating can be any three questions
Roda’s Questions to me:
- What would you like bloggers to do more of that they aren’t doing right now?
This is tough for me to address because I follow a number of really diverse blogs. Cooking, rock climbing, running, story writing, photography-all are approached differently and I enjoy that diversity in my Reader feed. As long as everyone stays positive and supportive of one another I am happy. I have yet to find a blog that is negative or demeaning in any way (thankfully!). If I did run into that I would not follow, comment or like any part of it!
- Tell us 4 things about yourself, one of which is not true… and see if we can guess.
- I have a Ph.D. in molecular biology
- I have a twin sister
- I have run 3 half marathons, to date and
- I went to culinary school
- Describe a perfect day that balances all the things you love.
I rise early and get in a good run then come home and have a scone (or two!) that I made earlier. I head out with my family for a day of rock climbing (of course I never fall because it is my “perfect day”!) We go out for a tasty dinner and a cocktail or two, then I spend the rest of the evening with my husband-not filling in any more details from here on!!
My Questions to you
- Where do you look for inspirations for your blog posts?
- How has your blog changed / evolved over time? Was the change in line with your expectations?
- What would you like to be doing in the future? Are you still blogging?
I do realize that not everyone participates in awards and my only intent is to honor and recognize those blogs that I truly enjoy! Please do not feel any pressure to engage with this post and know that I appreciate all that you do!